Digital Marketing News | Digital Media & Advertising News
Netimperative delivers free digital marketing, media and advertising news every day.
- Ask revamps search with community-based answers
- Ask.com has launched a new site focused on Q&A-based queries, with results based on user generated answers to questions.
- Virgin Media trials broadband delivery through electricity poles
- The Welsh village of Crumlin in Caerphilly is the latest trial site for a new means of delivering broadband services. Virgin Media is working in conjunction with power company Surf Telecoms to provide fibre optic broadband services via electricity poles.
- Android phone sales up 350% this year in UK
- UK sales of Android phones have more than tripled since the start of 2010, with one in 10 new contract handsets now running Google's mobile OS.
- Ofcom: ISPs not giving consumers the broadband speeds they pay for
- Ofcom's latest UK Broadband Speeds study has found that UK ISPs regularly overstate their broadband speeds and only rarely give consumers the speeds they advertise.
- Wikileaks publishes thousands of documents from war in Afghanistan
- Online whistleblowing site Wikileaks has published over 75,000 documents containing classified information about the current war in Afghanistan. The documents cover the period from 2004-2009 and reveal a number of inconsistencies with official reports which have emanated from the White House and the US military.
- Google images attracts over 1bn page views per day
- Google's image search is now receiving over 1bn page views each day.
- Amazon profits up 45% though shares fall
The latest financial results from Amazon show that second-quarter profit grew to $207m (£135m) from $142m (£92.3) last year - a 45% increase.
- Jul 23, 2010
- Microsoft profits leap 48% with help from Windows 7
Microsoft has reported profits of $4.52bn (£2.96bn) for the last quarter, a 48% year-on-year increase.
- Jul 23, 2010
- Apple profits beat expectations to rise 78%
- Apple has posted higher than expected third quarter figures, reporting a 78% increase in revenues to $3.25bn (£2.1bn) from $1.83bn in 2009.
- News round-up: 20th July 2010
- This week’s movers and shakers in the digital industry: Publicis IAB video council | Blue Barracuda | BBC Brian Pern Comedy | Doovle | Youth Media | Yomego | shopstyle | Adconion | Henri-Lloyd | Variety The Car People | Carrentals | Belgacom | Callcredit | InvisibleHand | Hot Cherry | R.O.EYE | .FOX Networks | HRS | TagMan | Locker Room | Nokia | Qype